Dear Eight States Attendees and Vendors:
The Wyoming Highway Patrol (WHP) is honored to host the 2017 Eight States Chiefs Conference in Jackson Hole, Wyoming, from September 25th through 29th. We hope you will join us in Jackson Hole to view firsthand the majestic and awesome Teton Mountains, as well as enjoy the variety of wildlife throughout the valley.
Jackson Hole is a valley between the Teton Mountain Range and the Gross Ventre Range in Wyoming. Beaver, elk, grizzlies, black bears, bison, 1,000 species of vascular plants, over 300 bird species, 16 types of fish, and 61 species of mammals are home to the Jackson Hole area.
Please join us in Jackson Hole! We look forward to seeing you!
Colonel Kebin Haller, Administrator
Wyoming Highway Patrol
Conference Attire & Other Important Information
The 2017 Eight States Conference is just around the corner and we look forward to seeing you in Jackson Hole, Wyoming. Following is some information for your use in preparing for your trip.
Jackson Hole's weather in late September is somewhat unpredictable. The average high temperature in September is 71 degrees and the average low temperature is 32 degrees. We recommend you bring long pants and a long sleeve jacket and/or coat to wear for outdoor and/or evening activities.
Attire for various conference events is as follows:
Eight State Conference Attendees
- Welcome and Daily Hospitality (Monday-Thursday): Casual
- Tuesday Morning Meetings: Business Casual
- Tuesday Afternoon Activities (Golf, Horseback Riding, Tram): Casual
- Wednesday Daytime Meetings: Business Casual
- Wednesday Evening Dinner: Casual
- Thursday Morning Meetings: Business Casual
- Thursday Afternoon Activities: Casual
Eight States Spouse/Guest
- Dress comfortably in typical golf attire. Water will be provided.
- Wear comfortable outdoor clothing, including long pants. Boots are also highly recommended (no sandals allowed). Bring a lightweight, waterproof jacket, as the mountain air can be cool this time of year. Water will be provided.
- Wear comfortable outdoor clothing. Bring a lightweight, waterproof jacket, as the mountain air can be cool this time of year.